Windows XP, 2000
Dial-up Setup Guide for Windows XP, 2000
- Click "Start" then "Run"
- Then type "inetwiz" in the box and click "OK".
- This should run the Internet Setup Wizard.
- Choose "Connect using my phone line" and click "Next".
- If asked, choose "Create a new dial-up connection" and click "Next" again.
- Click the “Start” button, click “Settings” and choose “Control Panel”.
- Double-click the “Network and Dial-up Connections” icon.
- Double-click the “Make New Connection” icon.
Follow the on-screen instructions, supplying the information below. Don't worry if some of it isn't requested.
- Phone number = ____________ Lookup (this is the number your computer dials to connect to the Internet)
- Username = _____________________ (this is always all lower-case letters)
- Password = _____________________ (this is case-sensitive)
- (Do not enter DNS Servers unless asked)
- Primary DNS Server address = 126.96.36.199
- Secondary DNS Server address = 188.8.131.52
- Incoming Mail (POP3) Server = mail.pacific.net
- Outgoing Mail (SMTP) Server = smtp.pacific.net
- POP3 User Name = email@example.com
- Your Name = Real Name
- Your E-Mail = firstname.lastname@example.org
- Reply-to Address = email@example.com
- It is normally not required to change the Advanced setting.
- If you are asked about your IP Address; you should select "Internet service provider automatically provides one."
- If you are given a choice to "Set up an Internet mail account," answer Yes.
- If you are asked about your DNS server addresses, select "Always use the following" and enter the numbers listed above.
Additional email setup instructions can be found on our Email Support page.